Taken at Department Of Spontaneous Combustion
In support of our good friends Egg Camp, icdm got super stupid for their Eggtastic fundraiser. Why the nose? Who knows!
i can dress myself’s CD release party at the Blue Macaw on April 7th 2012, featuring i can dress myself, NeonBunny, Dex Stakker, the i can dance commanders, the Bottlecap Gazebo and all the Funky Ones. Photos by Carlo de la Sera (Almost Realism).
When Graham and I (Purpleganda) first articulated the philosophy of The Funky Ones we chose two specific guiding principles for our funky festivities: inclusion and attention to detail.
i can dress myself's album release last week was the perfect manifestation of this mission. Together with all of our beautiful, loving and talented friends we threw the most epic gala where everyone simply delighted each other.
I would like to thank some of the people who created this summit event but most of all I would like to thank the glamourous Emily Squirmbot Thundermouse Haltom for crafting a truly unforgettable affair. Brava my dear!
- Thank you to Dex Stakker andNeonbunny Lapine for the triumphant dance floor.
- Thank you Bené Rather-Taylor, Becky Neil and Jonathan Chan our brilliant I Can Dance Commanders.
- Thank you Joseph Meyer (aka Josef Fasik) our brilliant producer and sound technician for the evening.
- Thank you Eric Wilson and Michael Angelo Passalalpi for a stunning light show.
- Thank you to Barb and the blue macaw, our gracious hosts.
- Thank you to the Bottlecap Gazebo, Max Poynton, Andrew Grinberg and Jonny Poynton for a gorgeous installation.
- Thank you Isaiah Weintraub and Om Refor helping us shlep all of our gear around.
- Thank you Carlo de la Sera and Stuart Philkill of Vidola Productions for documenting the affair.
- And finally, thank you to everyone who volunteered, promoted and attended “it’s nice actually.” I love all of you so much.
Photo of i can dress myself by Carlo de la Sera
icdm were mad scientists at Burnal Equinox! Our newest creation, the I Can Dance Commanders!
Photos by Carlo de la Sera.