i can dress myself’s CD release party at the Blue Macaw on April 7th 2012, featuring i can dress myself, NeonBunny, Dex Stakker, the i can dance commanders, the Bottlecap Gazebo and all the Funky Ones. Photos by Carlo de la Sera (Almost Realism).
When Graham and I (Purpleganda) first articulated the philosophy of The Funky Ones we chose two specific guiding principles for our funky festivities: inclusion and attention to detail.
i can dress myself's album release last week was the perfect manifestation of this mission. Together with all of our beautiful, loving and talented friends we threw the most epic gala where everyone simply delighted each other.
I would like to thank some of the people who created this summit event but most of all I would like to thank the glamourous Emily Squirmbot Thundermouse Haltom for crafting a truly unforgettable affair. Brava my dear!
- Thank you to Dex Stakker andNeonbunny Lapine for the triumphant dance floor.
- Thank you Bené Rather-Taylor, Becky Neil and Jonathan Chan our brilliant I Can Dance Commanders.
- Thank you Joseph Meyer (aka Josef Fasik) our brilliant producer and sound technician for the evening.
- Thank you Eric Wilson and Michael Angelo Passalalpi for a stunning light show.
- Thank you to Barb and the blue macaw, our gracious hosts.
- Thank you to the Bottlecap Gazebo, Max Poynton, Andrew Grinberg and Jonny Poynton for a gorgeous installation.
- Thank you Isaiah Weintraub and Om Refor helping us shlep all of our gear around.
- Thank you Carlo de la Sera and Stuart Philkill of Vidola Productions for documenting the affair.
- And finally, thank you to everyone who volunteered, promoted and attended “it’s nice actually.” I love all of you so much.
Photo of i can dress myself by Carlo de la Sera
IT’S NICE ACTUALLY, i can dress myself ALBUM RELEASE 4.7.12
- April 7th, 2012
- the Blue Macaw - 2565 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94110
- 9pm-2am / 21+
- $5 it’s nice actually by i can dress myself
Absurd-dance-band i can dress myself, known for their blend of electroacoustic-funk, nerdcore rapping, flailing dance parties and abrupt costume changes is unleashing their debut album it’s nice actually.
Come out of your winter hibernation and dress for visual stimulation and spring awakening: ruffled shirts, skirts, & bright-and-light colors just in time for Easter.
San Francisco’s very own silly electroacoustic band produces face-melting dance beats with melodies both whimsical and a little creepy. Join Thundermouse, the Minister of Purpleganda and Graham as they warn you of alien invasions, get down with stegosaurus and leave you boneless. This unique and ecletic trio will freestyle, bow and blast you into the future where (spoiler alert!) there are also dinosaurs.
Dynamic Electro House
Focusing on electronic dance music in the genres of house, electro, swing and funk. With over 10 years of experience as a dj, NeonBunny has played many of the great venues in the Bay Area. From De Young Museum to the Sound Factory, and even occasionally known to throw down at a dive bar called the Stud. And as music director for the former Bunny Jam parties, NeonBunny formed his connections with the creative, art, and Burning Man communities, while learning to add humor and creativity to his dj sets.
Decor will be provided by Bottlecap Gazebo, an art project for Burning Man 2012. Design by San Francisco artists Max Poynton and Andrew Grinberg. Constructed by Elephant Bird Camp.